There are two types of small business website.
Those that attract, persuade, and connect with customers… and those that don’t. If your website includes the elements below, you’re on your way to having an online presence that is a true modern marketing tool.
The design and layout of our small business website is clean, simple, and professional.
- Our navigation makes it easy to find what visitors are looking for. Test it. Have the most Internet-challenged person you know go to your site and locate certain pages/information.
- Every page of our small business website is Google-friendly. This means that each page title and page description is unique and contains the correct number of characters (up to 70 for page titles and 160 for page descriptions). See how it’s done here.
- We’re using a professional email marketing service to generate new web leads and build rapport with visitors (we use Aweber.com). Your email signup form (or a link to your form) should be visible with a call-to-action on every page of your website. Get a free Aweber 30-Day trial here.
- We have a blog as part of our website that we utilize to share company news and helpful tips. We create new posts twice per month (these can be emailed automatically with Aweber).
- We have signed up for a free Google account and utilize the following free Google tools: Analytics (web stats), Feedburner (to distribute blog posts via RSS and email), Webmaster Tools (several benefits), and the Local Business Center (puts your small business website on Google maps). Get a free Google Account here.
- We are utilizing at least one type of social media to promote our business and website (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or YouTube). More social media = more exposure.
- Our contact information is at the bottom of every page. Include your physical address for extra SEO benefits.
- Our website content/copy is written in a conversational tone. The Internet is a one-on-one medium. Don’t let your website feel too stiff and impersonal.
- Our web address is promoted everywhere we advertise and on every piece of stationary and sales literature. Get the list of “39-Places to Promote Your Small Business Website Website Offline” here.